June 7, 2019 - whysodepressed
Target Cafe is the worst job here
Target Cafe is arguably the worst job in the whole store and probably not for the reasons any no food team members would think. But bear with me…
- We are almost completely isolated from the rest of the store. We may be called “team members” , but we work alone during our shifts and have little interaction with out team members or gsas/gstls/lods/etls whatsoever.
- Cafe/Starbucks team leads abuse their power. Like I said earlier we are mostly isolated from everyone else and the one exception is typically our team lead. The team leads for our areas rarely have anything to do with us or have full understanding of how we operate and yet find every opportunity to criticize and disrupt our process while all the while piling more work on us that are really not part of our responsibilities.
- When things go wrong management refuses to help and turns a blind eye. We can have water gushing out of pipes, practically no good to sell, guests complaining, or serious illness and they will give a basic excuse and not fix anything. We don’t get walkies and aren’t allowed to leave our area unattended so we are just doomed either way to fail.
- Other team members and management looks down on us. Despite being a “team” everyone else belittles our position and treats us like non-affiliated fast food workers. Not bashing fast food employment, but rather pointing out the disconnect from the non-food team members. Many of them are condescending and flat out rude when we wait on them.
- We do a lot behind the scenes without recognition and it truly is one of the most thankless jobs I’ve ever worked where staying extra, coming in, helping other areas, or going above and beyond isn’t met with any kind of basic gratitude, but rather cool indifference and critique.
I honestly regret having ever applied thinking that the pay and work environment would be worth the constant trials and tribulations.