January 3, 2014 - bmillz
My Target Experience
Just wanted to share some the bullshit I’ve experienced in my 7 months as a cashier at this awful company.
- All the team leads refer to employees as sir or maam. So annoying.
- I have not been allowed to cross train in other areas because I was hired when I was 17 (now 18) and couldn’t then. Now I am a constantly reliable and top performing cashier and I still am not being allowed.
- due to name tags only having first names new employees can’t find authority figures easily
- customers are so fucking annoying: when asked if they found everything and they respond actually more than I needed and laugh like it was the first time ive heard that “joke”, always challenging prices because they don’t read the ad or sign, getting mad at me for their own stupidity, etc
- team leads thinks they’re hot shit and seem not to care about anyone but themselves and other team leads
- target assumes employees have no life other than their jobs
- I constantly help with carts, electroincs, pulls, reshop, zoning and more and still am not being allowed to crosstrain. Due to my lack of cross training I’ve noticed target would rather hire a new employee than cross train
- those asswipes at corporate (I’m talking to you Gregg) don’t give a shit about anything but the money
- cashiers constantly miss breaks and lunches due to gstl not doing their incredibly easy job
- we are not team members they are not guests it’s employees and customers stop trying to b edgy
- higher level employees constantly use fear tactics to remind others of their expendability
- red cards are the bane of my existence
- team leads can’t manage for shit it’s like they were hired right off the street
- everything must be done by the books no innovation
- team leads guilt tripping you into staying late or helping out
There’s so much more but this is a good start.
tell me what you think.