May 19, 2014 - bmillz
Hello. I’ve posted on here before about a few things that pissed me off about my job as a cashier. I’m back again to write a celebratory post as my last shift is tomorrow, 5/19/2014. I have officially worked at tarshit for one year and 10 days.
Let’s recap some of the things you will experience as an employee of this company, more specifically a cashier:
- Impossibly stupid customers
- Empty promises for promotion
- Incredible employee turnover rates
- Seeing worse-performing employees receiver promotions over you
- Terrible management, from the GSA to the STL
- And overall horrible work environment, from hours to pay to everything else, just to name a few.
I wanted to write this post to get one message across. I know some people can’t quit for various reasons, but, if you have the opportunity to leave, do it. There is no reason to continue to be unhappy working for a company that does not care about you. Your life is too short to be unhappy for any moment, and yes I know this idea sounds cliche, but it is the truth. Go out and live your life and be what you want to be.
Thanks to the creator of this website and everyone who has posted on it for some fantastic reads over the last year. I will definitely check back in to hear more stories that fuel my hate for tarshit.