November 28, 2013 - The_truth09
Does anyone else have these pet peeves?
So, working at Target I have developed a lot of pet peeves while working the front lanes as a cashier and cart attendant that irritate me everyday. After reading my list, post your pet peeves in the comments
1. People come in my line to check out and say, ” I only came in for a couple of things and end up leaving with a cart full of stuff.”
I want to say so bad that well ma’am, or sir, apparently you have no self control over your spending that you cant walk in and get what you came in for.”
2. I am standing at my lane with my light on with no one in my line someone will come up to me and ask,” Excuse me sir, are you open.”
3. When the guest is using the pin pad and they ask me, what does if you want it all on the card mean
I am like really, you really cant put two and two together
4. When people take their time trying to figure out how they are gonna pay or enters the wrong pin number three times in a row. I think these people know that cashiers get rated on how fast they are checking people out and want to make someone lose that 100 percent
5. When the GSTL are not giving people their breaks and meal periods on time. If you have a print out that has times that people should take their breaks, follow the sheet, The GSTL are not the ones standing in one spot for hour and hours and hours at a time, we get tired and want to get off our feets for a while.
6. I hate it when that one L.O.D who takes the “guest come first” to a whole new level.
L.O.D=” Hey, why is your light off.”
Me ” I am about to go on my 15 minute break.”
L.O.D ” No, I need you on the lane. The guest always come first and we need to get them out of here.
7. When that GSTL who you don’t like is on the same shift as you and see you doing nothing and says, ” When you do not have any guest, zone the lanes.”
8. When A.P think they are the bad asses when they have their “Target rent a cop uniform on.”
No one cares that you have handcuffs, a badge, no gun, and can tackle people for stealing but your ass will be the first one shot when someone comes in the store with a fun. Who is the bad ass now.
9. When you are scheduled for a short shift and excited because you will be able to go home and enjoy your day and the L.O.D or TL ask you to stay for a couple more hours
For example, I was scheduled 8am-12pm. Someone called out and who did they come find…( ME) and if you say No you cant stay the L.O.D or TL makes you feel like shit
10. When you are on lunch break and head to P Fresh to get some fruit and someone stops you and ask you a question. I politely tell them sorry I cant help you because I am not on the clock which means I would be working off the clock which to Target its a huge NO, NO. I could get fired for that.
” Sooo, can you help me or not. ”
11. As a cart attendant when people leave their trash in the carts. Its not hard when you walk out the door put there is a trash can that is 2 feet away from the front door.
12. When guest put their hand baskets full of stuff on the belt expecting me to take it out.
Every time some does that I look at them, they look at me, and I look at them and ask them if they could take the items out so I can check them out quicker
13. When you are ringing up other items and people hand you clothing items and say, ” I dont want to get them dirty and put them on the belt. -_-
`14. the all time worst one
People who bring reusable bags that stink, and expect me to bag their groceries. ( NOT HAPPENING)
This is just some of the things that I have found out that irritates me while I am working at Target.